Tuesday, May 24, 2016

'I'm not with her': why women are wary of Hillary Clinton

As a whole, women support Clinton over Trump and Sanders, but 49% of women from across the political spectrum give her an unfavorable rating

The Guardian

Hillary Clinton

. . . “ 'Some women I encounter act as if I’ve betrayed some kind of secret society,” says Changa. “I reject this brand of feminism. I’m not only voting for my gender, I’m voting for other issues.”
"For the first time in its history, America is close to electing a female president, yet many women from across the political spectrum don’t like Clinton.
"It’s true that, as a whole, women support her more than both Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders, but that support is not nearly as overwhelming as black voter support was for Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012. Millennial women, for example,prefer Sanders to Clinton and 49% of American women give the secretary of state an unfavorable rating." . . .

No comments: