"Leif Babin, a highly decorated SEAL, in the WSJ expresses the same sentiment that I have heard over and over again..."
|Celebrating the murders|
Michael Barone "Through all this, Gingrich always was searching for ideas that commanded 70 percent support. He understood that dovish Democrats’ disdain for American exceptionalism was a grave political liability and sought to exploit it. But after his first moments in the spotlight as speaker, he turned off voters. I think he reminded them of the high-school nerd/egghead whom all the other kids disliked." (source: Tunnel Wall Bloopers)I still have this image of Newt being escorted off the set of "What Not to Wear" by some security guys.
"We both love this great country, but we fundamentally disagree on how to best make America grow and prosper once again. I'd love an opportunity to share with you how we've been able to turn Arizona around with hard choices that turned out to be the right ones. And, of course, my offer to visit the border -- and buy lunch -- still stands."
"It was [as] though President Obama thought he could lecture me, and I would learn at his knee," she wrote, according to Capitol Media Services. "He thinks he can humor me and then get rid of me."
....The letter was rudimentary, bureaucratic, and ordinary. . . . We were simply asking the federal government to authorize food stamps for those who were now unemployed because of the oil spill. Governors regularly make these sorts of requests to the federal government when facing disaster.But somehow, for some reason, President Obama had personalized this. And he was upset.There was not a word about the oil spill. He was concerned about looking bad because of the letter. “Careful,” he said to me, “this is going to get bad for everyone.”
I couldn’t help noticing, when we sat down to talk in the dilapidated storefront that houses his Springfield campaign headquarters, that the blue-pen drawing he’d doodled on his newspaper during fundraising calls was a portrait of himself.
- Rich versus Poor "The more accurate heading should read: Rich versus people who want... the government to redistribute the wealth."
- Perception versus Reality "A study by Spectrem Group found that among today’s millionaires, inherited wealth accounted for just 2% of their total sources of wealth."
- Add ObamaCare into the mix and a host of other regulations and soon the cost of doing businesses just isn’t worth it."
- Americans versus Big Anything "They are so unsatisfied with big entities like our federal government, and yet they hand their children over to our government every day to be educated."
- Black Voters versus Rational Thought In 2008, Obama "enjoyed a 96% approval rating among black Americans. That figure is embarrassing. That figure has now dropped to an all-time low of 79% approval. But still … 79%? Gimme a break, folks."
- Americans versus the Tax Code "First, many taxpayers abroad say they are confused “by the complex legal and reporting requirements they face and are overwhelmed by the prospect of having to comply with them.” "
And the unit he was attached to – 14th “Galicia” division – were some particularly nasty hombres . I don’t think “war criminals” would be t...