Thursday, February 16, 2017

Can't Hillary be capable of looking deep inside to see herself as so many Americans saw her?



Lena Dunham says not to blame her for Hillary's loss   Language advisory. . . . "It's amazing. I'm like, "Why don't we check in with Russia, you guys?" I think it tends to come more from the right wing, although I'm not sure. Now it's so hard to know what's coming from where, because stories get published on Breitbart and two days later they're in Newsweek and you're like, "What the f--k is happening right now?" No one is more studied in the art of the right wing planting a story and liberals eating each other alive over it than I am. I see it every single day, but I'm not gonna stand there screaming about it, 'cause that makes you a bad sport. And also it's boring and I'm not interested in it. But do people want me to go, "I don't think I'm really good for this. I'm gonna bow out"? I wouldn't see any use for celebrity if I wasn't fighting rabidly for what I thought was right." . . ."I'm like. . . "?

This pre-inauguration article calls HRC like she is  . . . "Well, Donald Trump had one thing in his favor: he ran against one of the most unpopular and despised presidential candidates in American history, Hillary Rodham Clinton. Combine the electorate’s Clinton antipathy with a risky but targeted strategy to flip the Rust Belt and it’s not so hard to understand why Donald Trump, a man with no experience in government, will be sitting in the oval office come late January." . . .

 'Well, allow me to retort. Hillary Clinton lost the election because she was a terrible candidate. Nobody likes or trusts her (yes, elections actually are popularity contests) and her neoliberal domestic policies and neoconservative foreign policies turned people off because they are genuinely bad. Clinton represented the establishment in a change election, something she was happy to do. She even openly courted Republicans hoping her “temperament” talking point would make partisan Republicans vote for one of the most hated Democrats in history. It didn’t work.

No comments: