Friday, August 28, 2020

Michelle Obama: White people treat me like 'I don't exist

WND

'And when we do exist, we exist as a threat'

A threat? You mean like this?


And this from back in 2013:

It isn't that I hate you Ms. Obama; it's that I assume you all hate me. I see your anger on display so often and how you have often described encounters with whites sometimes as charming and later as offensive. Your family of racial scolds has caused so much damage in white-black relations and in how police are treated; always assuming the most offensive. TD

On to the featured article here: :
. . . "Obama told her audience she had "a number of stories like that." 
She said "white people ... don't experience this in their lives."
On her podcast, Obama previously discussed her "low-grade depression," blaming it on President Trump's administration.
She said it's not "just because of the quarantine, but because of the racial strife, and just seeing this administration, watching the hypocrisy of it, day in and day out, is dispiriting."
“No one knew that was me. Because a woman actually walked up to me, right? I was in the detergent aisle, and she said — I kid you not — she said, ‘Excuse me, I just have to ask you something.’ And I thought, ‘Oh, cover’s blown.’ She said, ‘Can you reach on that shelf and hand me the detergent?’ I kid you not. And the only thing she said — I reached up, because she was short, and I reached up, pulled it down. She said, ‘Well, you didn’t have to make it look so easy.’ That was my interaction. I felt so good.”

Then again: 
Target Customer Asks Michelle Obama For Help; First Lady Believes Request Was Racially Motivated  . . . "A Target customer asked Michelle Obama to help her grab an item during a trip to the mega retailer back in 2011. In an interview with People Magazine, the First Lady talks about her own experiences as a black woman and why she believes the customer’s simple request may have been influenced by racial stereotypes. 
"In her highly publicized Target trip, Michelle Obama said that not a single customer approached her other than one woman who asked her to grab an item off the shelf for her. The First Lady believes that despite being the wife of the Commander-in-Chief, people will always see her first as a helping hand due to the color of her skin." . . .
Michelle Obama: Asking Me To Help You Get Something Off The Shelf At Target Might Be Racist   . . . "When did she decide that that encounter wasn’t a rare, heartwarming slice of normalcy outside the presidential bubble but a depressing reminder that even First Ladies aren’t immune from racism in America?
"What’s especially weird about this is that she and O obviously gave this interview to People mag to do damage control after the Michael Brown and Eric Garner grand jury decisions. Obama’s been knocked by black voters for not taking more of a stand so now he’s handing a lengthy chat on racism to a general interest publication, to try to reach beyond the political class and connect with the wider electorate. If you’re going to do that, though, logically you’d want to come to People armed with your most harrowing experiences of racism. Somehow, “she asked me to get detergent off the shelf” made the cut. Um, why? The only theory I can muster is that the Obamas wanted to make the point that, even as the most powerful people in the world, they still experience the same sort of casual racism that average black Americans experience every day. So they reached for an example, and the best they could come up with was repurposing an amusing old story from Letterman’s show for the occasion."

Read the entire Tunnel Wall here.

No comments: