Friday, February 18, 2022

NBC Sports Reporter Michele Tafoya Leaves Network To Fight Far-Left Wokeness In Schools |

 The Daily Wire  "NBC Sports reporter Michele Tafoya revealed in an interview this week that the reason she left the leftist news organization was because she wanted to fight for American values by advocating for middle of the road ideas and pushing back against far-left wokeness in schools.

“It’s been on my mind for quite a while,” Tafoya told Fox News host Tucker Carlson. “I’ve been waking up every day with a palpable pull at my gut. That my side, my view, my middle ground, kind of moderate viewpoint is not being represented to the rest of the world, I didn’t feel. And so, rather than, you know, just banging it out on Twitter or Instagram every day, I thought, I’ve got to do something. I have benefited greatly from the American dream. And I feel like for the sake of my kids, and because I so love this country, I’ve got to start giving back.”. . .


. . ."Tafoya was asked about a recent appearance that she had on ABC’s “The View” where she pushed back against attempts to racialize things in public schools.
" In the clip, Tafoya said:
 My kids in school, there is a big, big focus on the color of your skin. My children are now 16 and 13. It’s been going on since they were in lower school. And it is that there are affinity groups on campus for — my son’s first best friend was a little African American boy, they were inseparable, get to a certain age, they start having what’s called an affinity group, which means you go for lunch and pizza with people who look like you. Suddenly, my son wasn’t hanging out with him anymore. Why are we even teaching that the color of the skin matters? Because to me, what matters is your character and your values.   More...

No comments: