Thursday, August 4, 2022

Sorry I Murdered You With My 'Hate Speech'

Ann Coulter  

But like Strossen, I believe in free speech. It's not the "hate speech" that bothers me; it's the physical violence and intentional race discrimination against white Americans that's beginning to get on my nerves

 "It's not every day that I praise a book by the former head of the American Civil Liberties Union, let alone the longest-serving president of that organization. 

"But I was delighted to have Nadine Strossen on my Substack recently to talk about her book, "HATE: Why We Should Resist It With Free Speech, Not Censorship" -- and not just because I am one of America's leading "hate speakers." (Oh, settle down, girls. That's according to woke college liberals, the only humans more infantile and narcissistic than Donald Trump.) 

Her book is a thoroughgoing, no-holds-barred defense of free speech. This makes her the rarest of creatures: a principled liberal. We should get her DNA in a lab and study it. 

"Being a liberal herself, Strossen pitches her argument to the left. That's fortunate, I'd say: These days, the most enthusiastic advocates for censorship are liberals. 

"Thus, she repeatedly notes that censorship has historically been used by the powerful to crush the "marginalized."

" I couldn't agree more! On the other hand, the two of us have very different ideas about who's "marginalized." 

"Strossen means feminists, gays, Muslims, blacks, Hispanics, immigrants, transgenders, nonbinaries and so on, whereas I mean everybody else, to wit: "cisgendered" white Americans.

" Not a certified victim? Don't even think of applying to Harvard, Princeton or Yale -- unless you've made a spectacle of yourself carrying on about gun control. Don't be funny, use hyperbole or engage in any conversation at all with bratty East Coast private-school kids on a college resume-building trip to Peru. (See Pulitzer Prize-winning science reporter Donald McNeil, fired by The New York Times for this reckless error.)

"Every time I'd read a description of this or that "hate speech" ban in Strossen's book, what leapt to mind wasn't someone saying only women have two X chromosomes, but the nonstop venom that is directed at white people.". . .

No comments: