Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Professor Mike Adams: "Victoria’s Secret"

This Mike Adams video is not related to the subject of my posted article; it is only to demonstrate why more than just the campus left wants to ruin the professor:



Mike Adams  "Victoria (last name withheld) is a senior at UNC-Wilmington where I have taught for 26 years. She is also an adult who exercised her First Amendment right to criticize me by name in a large online public forum. Unfortunately, some people who read her social media post incorrectly concluded that she had engaged in defamatory speech, which is not protected by the First Amendment. I disagree and write today in defense of her free speech rights. In order to establish appropriate context, I have reprinted her post below:
"Hey guys, I’m working with an anonymous professor on campus to create a resource where students can anonymously put in negative experiences with professors. Specifically this is in aims to address the racist and sexist remarks commented by professor Mike Adams. If you have any stories from the last two years at the university and would like to help me with this feel free to (direct message) me.  Also, If there are any ideas of how to set up this resource, let me know as well. A university that preaches diversity and it’s [sic] need for growth should not allow students to feel alienated or uncomfortable."
. . . "  the best remedy for bad speech is generally not to be found in lawsuits. The best remedy for bad speech is to be found in better speech. 
"In the case of Victoria’s bad speech, better speech did follow. Within minutes, a student named Brandon responded with the following:
"Lol this has to be a joke. I’ve felt alienated since freshman year for being a Republican."
"Part of the beauty of this remark is that Brandon is Hispanic. He also added a comment specifically denying that I am either sexist or racist. But the fun was just beginning.  . . .
. . . "But let us take a moment to contrast Victoria’s behavior with the cowardice of her secret professor and mentor. That professor is hiding in the shadows and trying to target me for my political views. That has been tried before here at UNC-Wilmington. It ended up with a jury verdict and an order from a judge to pay me over three-quarters of a million dollars in legal fees and back pay. I used the money to buy guns and several expensive guitars, which I named after the defendants. They are prominently displayed in my living room and make great conversation pieces."  . . .

No comments: