Friday, October 9, 2020

Crush and Destroy Culture

 Richard Moss  "I have always felt that the term “cancel culture” was far too mannerly and tame.  It scarcely captured the degree of hatred the Left and its social-media zealots unleashed with any transgression from woke orthodoxy.  Even doctrinaire liberals, tried and true “progressives” with a lifetime of fidelity, have felt the sting of leftist vengeance after betraying the cause on a single, isolated point.  Individuals have been disgraced, careers ended, livelihoods wrecked, and reputations trashed over minor infractions of the ever-evolving progressive canon.  And that is how they treat former friends and allies.  Conservative foes are filleted and quartered outright in broad daylight. 

"I recently found myself the target of leftist vitriol and experienced the full fury of “cancel culture.” The events and tactics are worth reviewing. 

"I produced a 50-second pro-2nd amendment video in my backyard with my 25-year-old son.  I placed two Trump-Pence signs in front of us.  An American flag behind us. I spoke of my love of country, the Constitution, and Bill of Rights, in particular our Second Amendment.  I said that we were not looking for trouble but would not run from it, and tossed out a challenge to “BLM” (Black Lives Matter, the organization).  I closed by saying that I liked President Trump.  Of note, my son and I were holding our respective AR-15s.  Not pointing them, mind you, just holding them.

"The context, of course, is the more than four-month siege on America’s cities, the violence, rioting, and arson occurring since the George Floyd incident on May 25.  Many of us seethe at this ongoing disorder and the unwillingness of Democrat politicians that govern these cities and states to control it.  It is also galling to find our dominant institutions supporting the radical street thugs." . . . 

No comments: