Thursday, December 12, 2013

There's a government-caused death panel in this story somewhere

joshuapundit
By Jim Hoft at The Gateway Pundit   "In August 2013 I became very sick with what I thought was a cold. After a few days I lost vision in my left eye and I checked into the hospital. I soon found out that what I thought was a summer cold was actually Strep bacteria poisoning my blood stream. The bacteria blinded my left eye, ate a hole through my heart, caused five strokes on both sides of my brain and forced the removal of my prosthetic left knee.
....
"Thanks to the excellent insurance I carried I was able to receive life-saving medical treatment at St. Louis University.

"This week I found out I am going to lose my insurance. The company that carried me is leaving the Missouri market. I will have to find something else.

"I am one of the millions who will be looking for new insurance. God willing, I will be able to keep my doctors at St. Louis University. I trust them.  They saved my life.  Please pray for me and the millions of working Americans who are going through this same ordeal."  Sebelius: People Who Lost Plans ‘Thrilled with the Choices Now Available to Them’ Mr. Hoft replied in so many words: yeah. Right.
An Obamacare horror story that hits close to home   "Liberals will blame Jim's insurance company, not Obamacare, for this outrage. They will say the company chose to leave, that nobody forced them.
"But the reality is different. There is no choice available if a company can't make enough money to justify the costs to the shareholders. And the reason they can't make a profit in Missouri is because Obamacare mandates have made offering insurance too expensive.
"We know this scenario - and others like it - is being repeated endlessly across the country. But the administration and their allies on the left and in the media continue to put on happy faces and sell the Obamacare story as a huge success.
"Jim and those in the same situation, have become casualties in a war they didn't want, didn't seek, but are being forced to fight nonetheless."

No comments: