Friday, April 24, 2015

Silence THIS… #@%$@#%!

 Silence THIS… #@%$@#%!

Polititainment    (Language advisory, regrettably)

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it. – Voltaire

"There are plenty of idiots out there saying lots of dumb things that I absolutely disagree with… I mean look at Sally Kohn, Amanda Marcotte, Lena Dunham, ALL male feminists. And sure, they’re annoying and often times have me looking for some sharp object to poke through my eye HOWEVER that being said, I would never go out of my way to try and silence them. Never. You see I have this pesky habit of supporting and fighting for freedom of speech, you know, that little nugget in the Bill of Rights? I know, how totally un-hip to give a s--t about such things because the new cool has become silencing people who disagree with you and calling it harassment.

"I am referring of course to twitter’s seemingly new policy that is “shadowbanning” users without much rhyme or reason other than something they’ve tweeted has been deemed harassment. Without knowing said guidelines that sets a lot of people up to be flagged, which sounds a little bit like flogged and hey, that works for me. Here’s what happens." . . .

No comments: