Friday, May 31, 2019

William Barr's thoughts on the Mueller Report


William Barr interview on CBS  . . . "Here is one quotable quote on the president’s authorization of Barr to declassify relevant documents in which Barr makes a point that I have made here repeatedly this week: “I’m amused by these people who make a living by disclosing classified information, including the names of intelligence operatives, wringing their hands about whether I’m going to be responsible in protecting intelligence sources and methods. I’ve been in the business as I’ve said for over 50 years long before they were born and I know how to handle classified information and I believe strongly in protecting intelligence sources and methods. But at the same time if there is information that can be shared with the American people without jeopardizing intelligence sources and methods that decision should be made and because I will be involved in finding out what the story was I think I’m in the best [position?] to make that decision.” . . .


Barr: Counter-intelligence Probe of Trump Campaign Crossed ‘Serious Red Line’




Donkey Hotey

The Fabulous William Barr, The Right Man At The Right Moment  . . ."Barr sat for an interview with CBS News legal correspondent Jan Craw. ford in Alaska to discuss Robert Mueller’s controversial “statement,” which was essentially an assault on the rule of law. Barr did not engage in the analysis of Mueller’s motives, nor did he criticize Mueller for triggering a new round of calls for the President’s impeachment. (I posted about Mueller’s comments herehere and here.)
"However, Barr did make it crystal clear that, despite the Office of Legal Counsel guidance, Mueller “could have made a decision about whether it was criminal activity. He had his reasons for not doing it, which he explained. I’m not going to argue about those reasons, but when he didn’t make a decision, the deputy attorney general and I felt it was necessary for us, as the heads of the department, to reach that decision.”
"He expressed his surprise when Mueller informed him he had not come to a conclusion. Because that’s what he was hired to do. " . . .

No comments:

‘Banana Republic’: Joe Rogan Rips Democrats for Un-American Attempt to Jail Political Opponents

'Banana Republic': Joe Rogan Rips Democrats for Un-American Attempt to Jail Political Opponents - The Lid (lidblog.com)     " ...

https://spectator.org/