Saturday, December 24, 2016

What I learned about Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson after spending a week on jury duty with him


Dallas News  . . . "But during a recent news show, I heard the term "corrupt" applied to this man who I spent five days with back in 2007.

"All I know is that this man who holds one of the most powerful positions in the world and clearly has the means and ability to side-step his jury responsibilities, served as a normal citizen without complaint or pretense.

"I know that a scared little girl who was finally persuaded to come public with her account of abuse was inches away from a decision that would have sided with her abuser, yet this man put his negotiation skills to a noble use, and justice was served." 

Emily Roden is a small-business owner in Denton. This essay was adapted from a post that first appeared at rodenfordenton.com

No comments: