Thursday, October 12, 2017

Political finesse

Here is a lesson in political finesse; notice how Clinton is asked a pointed question, then slyly changes the subject in mid-sentence:

ZAKARIA: “Do you think it was tolerated because he was powerful —“


CLINTON: “I don’t know.”


ZAKARIA: “People say people knew.”


CLINTON: “Well I certainly didn’t and I don’t know who did. I can speak for myself and many others who knew him primarily through politics. But the courage of these women coming forward now is really important because it can’t just end with one person’s disgraceful behavior and the consequences he is facing. "

(Wait for it... here comes the misdirection) Hillary continues:  "This has to be a wake-up call and shine a spotlight on behavior like this any where at any time. We’ve had a revelation of plenty of companies in Silicon Valley sexual assault being so accepted. That’s where a lot of young people have their first or most significant jobs. This can’t be tolerated whether it’s entertainment or anywhere.”

This always works in my experience of watching politicians on TV. The Tunnel Dweller

No comments: