Wednesday, May 9, 2018

How can anyone concerned for our nation's safety ever want Democrats in charge of our security?


Dem Senator Tells Haspel She Should Have Used this Obvious Solution to the CIA Tapes Scandal . . . "Haspel fielded other antagonistic retorts throughout the hearing - a few of which she was ready for. Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR), for instance, suggested that her record is largely classified in order to put her in a better light. What was she hiding?

" 'After 9/11, I didn't look to go sit on the Swiss desk, I stepped up," Haspel said in defense. "I was not on the sidelines. I was on the front lines in the Cold War and I was on the front lines in the fight against al Qaeda."

"She defended her integrity when Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA) grilled her about what she would do if President Trump directed her to restart enhanced interrogation.

" 'My parents gave me a very strong moral compass," she said. "I would never, ever take CIA back to an interrogation program.”

"At another point, Haspel corrected Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) for suggesting the CIA had interrogated 92 detainees. It was 92 tapes of one detainee, Haspel responded." . . .

Gina Haspel Embarrasses Senator Feinstein For Citing Debunked Reports
. . . "Feinstein shot back, "My understanding is that it was recently confirmed it was you."
"Senator, I did not run the interrogation department," Haspel said. "In fact, I was not even read into the interrogation program until it had been up and running for a year."

Senator Cotton Reminds Democrats About Their Connection To Torture Program  "On Wednesday, Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) gave a friendly reminder to Democrats on the Senate Intelligence Committee, reminding them that they voted in favor of confirming President Barack Obama's CIA director nominee John Brennan, who held a senior-level position in the agency during its use of enhanced interrogation techniques."

No comments: