Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Abortion and Beto O’Rourke

 


American Greatness

The Texas Democrat is either confused or lying about his position on abortion.

. . ."In August, just two months before he dropped out of the presidential race at a Town Hall in South Carolina, a man noted O’Rourke’s encounter in Cleveland about third-trimester abortion and asked, “I was born September 8th, 1989, and I want to know if you think on September 7, 1989, my life had no value?” O’Rourke responded that “of course, I don’t think that, and of course, I’m glad you’re here.” Then he said that his answer in Ohio remains the same. “That neither you, nor I, or the United States government should be making, but that’s a decision for the woman to make.” 

" 'But what about my right to life?” the man asked. O’Rourke then started brusquely talking over him, “I listened to you, I heard your question. I’m answering it.” He mentioned the attack on Roe, which he insisted was the “settled law of the land.” O’Rourke finished by saying, “I don’t question the decision a woman makes. Only she knows what she knows, and I want to trust her with that. So, I appreciate the question.”

"So not only was O’Rourke saying it was OK to violate Roe (which was still law); belittled the questioner saying, in effect, his mother had the right to abort him; and moreover, that partial-birth abortion, which has been illegal since 2007 (and still is) met with his approval. The next day, O’Rourke posted the video on his Twitter account and included a caption that began, “No matter how you ask the question, my answer will always be the same.' ” . . .

No comments: