Monday, January 5, 2015

Army disciplines chaplain for mentioning God "..I am not making this up"

 

Red State  ... "I served quite a while in the Army as an infantry officer. Generally I look back on my career with deep feelings of affection for the institution that rescued me from life chopping tobacco or working in a furniture mill, but I will concede that the Army is prone to institutional stupidity. When I commanded a rifle company the Army was all hot on its urinalysis program to catch drug users. The net effect was that it encouraged the use of cocaine (only in the urine for a couple of days) and LSD (not detectable in the urine) instead of marijuana usage (detectable for as much as a month).
"Now my Army has outdone itself.
...
"What makes this incident particularly egregious is that it seems that Colonel Fivecoat’s objection to religious invocations is both selective and newfound. This image from his service in Afghanistan seems to indicate that he didn’t object to the Koran being used in an official event… though telling Muslims to not do something associated with their religion tends to put them off their feed and God knows what happens then:
 fivecoat 

No comments: