Sunday, September 6, 2015

"A policeman's lot is not a happy one"

 Political Cartoons by Gary Varvel
Police Work, in Black and White   . . .  "Officer Weir, do you have a problem with black people?" he asked.
"Excuse me, Sir?"
" 'I have a letter here from a man who says you used a racial slur when giving him a ticket," he growled, tossing the letter on the desk for me to read.
"Lieutenant, I assure you that's an outright lie," I protested after perusing the ragged document.
" 'Really?" he replied, furrowing his brow.  "I doubt the man would go through the trouble of sending a letter unless he was outraged by your insult."
" 'Sir, I was very respectful toward that guy."  I went on to explain what happened, but the lieutenant seemed intent on finding me guilty." . . .Strongly suggest you read this entire article!

Latonya B. James
James

“We Need To Start Killing These Officers”
. . . "The officer said that as he went to arrest the woman he was surrounded by a crowd that was voicing anti-police sentiments, including “We need to start killing these officers.” …
"The older woman punched the officer in the face and grabbed him by the throat, according to the release."


"Police said Latonya B. James, 40, of Madison threatened many times to kill the officer while on her way to jail."

No comments: