Thursday, October 27, 2016

The Theology of Climate Change

Theodore Dalrymple  . . . "Personally, I have no axe to grind on climate change because I am too ignorant to have a firm opinion on the question. Is the climate changing more than it always has? Is the change caused by human activity? Is the change entirely harmful? If harmful, is it reversible by the means proposed? I have heard intelligent, honest and informed people on both sides of these questions, and I was (immediately afterwards) convinced by what they said.
"This paper seemed to me to have all the stigmata, if I may so put it, of a bandwagon being jumped on. The authors’ trips to Nepal probably did far more harm to their precious environment than their investigations did it good. But at least they would have enjoyed themselves, which is a consolation."  TakiMag.com via Gregorio Enrique Sandoval 

No comments: