Monday, December 26, 2016

UPDATED: In his farewell column, Thomas Sowell looks back at quarter century of writing syndicated commentary



WND  "Even the best things come to an end. After enjoying a quarter of a century of writing this column for Creators Syndicate, I have decided to stop. Age 86 is well past the usual retirement age, so the question is not why I am quitting, but why I kept at it so long.
"It was very fulfilling to be able to share my thoughts on the events unfolding around us, and to receive feedback from readers across the country – even if it was impossible to answer them all.
"Being old-fashioned, I liked to know what the facts were before writing. That required not only a lot of research, it also required keeping up with what was being said in the media.
"During a stay in Yosemite National Park last May, taking photos with a couple of my buddies, there were four consecutive days without seeing a newspaper or a television news program – and it felt wonderful. With the political news being so awful this year, it felt especially wonderful.
"This made me decide to spend less time following politics and more time on my photography, adding more pictures to my my website.
"Looking back over the years, as old-timers are apt to do, I see huge changes, both for the better and for the worse." . . .
Rick Moran update: Economist, pundit Thomas Sowell retiring
. . . "We haven't heard the last of Sowell.  He will no doubt continue to pen incisive, brilliant articles in the future, making us see things in a different way while gaining a better understanding of the issues.  Sowell's columns will stand as a beacon of logic and reason for generations of conservatives to come."

NRO: A Celebration of Sowell  . . . "But I, for one, have a hard time imagining a replacement for this singular man."

No comments:

George Floyd Revisited: Derek Chauvin Was Wrongfully Convicted

  The American Spectator | USA News and Politics Derek Chauvin and his colleagues did not murder George Floyd. Chauvin’s prosecution and tri...

https://spectator.org/