Thursday, January 24, 2019

The Covington Catholic Students Deserve A Huge Apology From Everyone. I’ll Start

The Federalist Papers

The Covington Catholic school students should go on with the rest of their young lives knowing that many are sorry they contributed to their public impugning and regret it. By


" . . .The boys, not the instigators, were the assaulted, and the Native-American gentleman wasn’t the victim he and others made himself out to be. He seems to not have been a truth-teller either. There had been a great deal of nasty behavior going on for some time from a great many adults on the scene, and there doesn’t seem to be any evidence in the larger footage of the skirmish that the boys did much of anything ugly to anyone." . . .

"In fact, even though teens, it looks like they conducted themselves more kindly and restrained than the others involved. This brings me to my purpose here. I want to apologize for following the pitch-forked crowd. I made a conclusion about these boys that put them in the worst possible light.
 
"I thought (knew!) they were punks and said so publicly. I was as wrong as I could be about that, and I am deeply sorry. Sorry to anyone who saw that on my Facebook page. Sorry to anyone it swayed to think badly about the boys. Sorry to the boys themselves, their school, and their parents.
"Now, let me be clear. My Facebook audience is minuscule, so the number of folks who saw my comment was insignificant. I don’t apologize or excuse myself for how few I passed the false story to. I apologize for joining the horde, period.
"I will be writing a personal letter of apology to the boys, not to further flagellate myself, but to offer something to counter the mega-tons of vitriol that came crashing down upon them. "They should go on with the rest of their young lives knowing that many regret contributing to their public impugning.
"They need to know that the world is indeed fairer than this, and to have faith in people doing the right thing when the whole story is gathered. They should have such letters to read as encouragement months and years from now as they continue to struggle with what went down. This will follow them a great long while." . . .

No comments: