Friday, December 20, 2019

Democrats are joyful over this?

The impeachment and crossing over  . . . "Though I’ve been leaning and often voting Republican in recent years, it was the Democratic Convention from July 25-28, 2016, and the radical left agenda introduced there, that was for me the defining moment when I knew I was no longer a Democrat." .  . .
. . . "The guilty conscience, the uncertainty, the shame, were all dispelled in a single gavel strike.  Not only was I right to switch parties, I am proud to have done so; to become Republican. And proud to have voted for Donald Trump.  Now, for me there is no looking back; only looking forward.
"I clicked off the TV, went to bed, and slept like a baby. And awoke with a feeling of optimism, and a renewed invigoration heading into 2020.  I can’t help wondering how many Democrats can say the same." . . .

The case is a rhetorical one following Wednesday night’s vote to impeach the president on two articles. The U.S. Constitution grants the House of Representatives full authority over impeachment. But the argument is part of an effort by the White House and Senate Republicans to maximize their leverage as lawmakers debate when and how to conduct a trial on charges that the president abused his power to solicit an investigation into political rival Joe Biden, and obstructed the congressional investigation into the matter.



No comments: