Friday, December 11, 2020

Obama Blames Rush, Fox News For Ruining His ‘Connection’ With Conservatives

Daily Wire


. . . "During a virtual gala for the nonprofit organization PEN America, Obama attacked Fox News and Limbaugh for "character assassination" and claimed they "ruined" his "connection" with conservatives.

“ 'I ended up getting enormous support in these pretty conservative, rural, largely white communities when I was a senator, and that success was repeated when I ran for president in the first race in Iowa,” Obama said.

“ 'By my second year in office, I’m not sure if I could make that same connection, because now those same people are filtering me through Fox News and Rush Limbaugh and an entire right-wing or conservative media infrastructure that was characterizing me in a way that suggested I looked down on those folks or had nothing in common with them,” Obama continued.

"Obama is particularly angry with Limbaugh, which isn't surprising given Rush has used his massive platform for years to call out the former president." . . .

. . . "Later in the show, co-host DJ Envy asked Obama to answer those who said he hadn’t done enough for people of color while in office.

"Obama took no personal responsibility and blamed congressional hurdles.

“I understand it because when I was elected there was so much excitement and hope, and I also think we generally view the presidency as almost like a monarchy in the sense of once the president’s there, he can just do whatever needs to get done and if he’s not doing it, it must be because he didn’t want to do it,” Obama responded."

No comments: