Thursday, January 21, 2021

Biden’s inaugural speech: Banal, slurred, and slightly vicious

Andrea Widberg  "Although Chris Wallace of Fox News declared that Biden's inaugural speech was "the best inaugural address I ever heard" in 60 years, I have to admit to being less charmed.  His slurred delivery, banal repetition, and vicious edge just didn't work for me.  What can I say?  I wasn't his target audience.

"First, lest you doubt me, Chris Wallace really did go all fan girl on Biden.  Mind you, we all saw this coming when he moderated the first debate.  Wallace doesn't like Trump, and, in the last year, he stopped trying to hide it:" . . .

. . . "I have to admit, though, that it would be out of character for Biden, who has been distinguished for his nastiness since entering Congress almost 50 years ago, as well as being out of character for the people with whom he surrounds himself.  And of course, it would be out of character for everything the Democrats have been saying and threatening for weeks"

No comments: