Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Why My Pillow is different from Coca-Cola when it comes to politics

 Andrea Widberg "We wrote to the CEO of a company with which we intended to do business asking why the company had stopped stocking the My Pillow products? Our question was a simple one: Was this a business decision or a political decision? To our surprise, the CEO himself wrote back to us explaining that it was a business decision, adding that Mike Lindell did this to himself. The CEO wasn’t being obnoxious, and I didn’t take it that way. However, what he said was illuminating for what he inadvertently revealed about woke corporations in America. what’s become of businesses in America." . . . 

. . . "And that gets me to my interaction with the CEO we queried about his company’s decision to drop My Pillow from its inventory. I’m not going to name the corporation or the CEO because he was very nice, and I don’t want him to get heat from left or right. (Also, don’t assume “his” gender just because I used the grammatically correct pronoun to respond to an unidentified person of either sex.) Here’s his email:. . .

Thank you. It is a business we do when we discontinue any supplier. *** If My Pillow stayed out of politics they may save the brand. Sales decline equals discontinued products. All the best. (Emphasis mine.) . . .

. . . "Maybe I’m splitting hairs, but I think My Pillow’s business model is strikingly different from what we’re getting from the left. On one side, we have a company that stays in its lane, although it has a CEO who freely exercises his First Amendment rights. On the other side, we have a wall of corporations that see their products as almost secondary to their political proselytizing. The moment you buy that product, you’re putting your imprimatur on the company’s politics". 

https://www.terrellaftermath.com/


No comments: