Monday, October 17, 2022

Stand by your pronouns

 J.R. Dunn  "This past weekend, Derek Hunter published in Townhall a well-turned, nicely argued piece attacking the kind of “liberals” who take their small children to drag shows. This a classic case of the lefty tactic of using their own kids as cannon fodder to promote their ideology. No sane individual would disagree with Hunter’s stance here.

"But then, right in the middle, we get this:

What does this do to the mind of a kid? In the future, it’ll likely mean they’ll have some serious problems with their parents, up to not talking to them anymore. 

"That’s right – in the midst of a piece attacking LGBTQ+ agitprop, Hunter effectively gives up the fort by using trans pronouns.

"I don’t want to come across as attacking Hunter, who seems to be the level-headed sort that the movement needs a lot more of. This kind of thing is universal – I’m sure you could provide your own examples, and plenty of them. But there’s no getting around the fact that it’s a weakness, an unnecessary one, and one that needs correcting.". . .

I’m quite sure that’s not a place where Derek Hunter wants to be, so I would encourage him, the staff at Townhall (where this seems to have become editorial policy), and the rest of the conservosphere to be true to their rightselves and not give an inch.. . .

Babylon Bee is on to something: AOC Says Ever Since She Died On January 6 She Has Been Using Ghost/Ghostself Pronouns  . . . "I knew something was wrong. So when I saw on Twitter that the insurrectionists were insurrecting things, I began fearing for my life. Andthen I died."

"When asked how ghost was still standing there talking to reporters about ghost's experience that fateful day, ghost replied, "I got better."  (Thank you, Monty Python).

Editor's note: the writer who typed this headline misgendered Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez with the incorrect pronoun "she" and has been fired and reported to the FBI, IRS, and PayPal.

No comments: