Tuesday, November 15, 2011

In a First, The Guardian Mentions Scott Olsen’s Anti-Military Website

Olsen
Verum Serum  "After we broke the story on Scott Olsen’s ihatethemarinecorps.com website, the media continued to portray him as simply an award winning veteran. We argued at the time that if his medals and honors were worth mentioning in news stories on his injury, so was his expressed hatred for the military in which he’d served.
"To say this was not well received would be putting it mildly."
 More on Scott Olsen at this page, including related links. 

Scott Olsen: A Disgrace to the Corps  "Apparently his loathing of the Corps did not begin after discharge. He clearly showed his contempt of the Corps while still enlisted. Photographs of him sitting amid marijuana and smoking paraphernalia are on his Flickr account where he proudly states the following (exact quote including typos and grammatical errors):“
I was talking to my 1stsgt regarding a pending adsep since I had been accused of using cocaine. Anyway, when we were done talking, he used as a parting greeting “stay marine”. He clearly didn’t think that one through. It was no secret that I couldn’t wait to get out and on top of that, the MC was trying to kick me out. I was going to bust his balls over it, but I went and took a nap instead.”
...."But what I will not do is silently stand aside and have this person presented to the American people as a hero or as an Honorable Marine."  From milpages

#OWS Claims US Marines Are Joining Their Ranks (Video)
Being from a military family, I know of no one in the service who would stoop so low to disgrace themselves. I can speak for family members and friends in or out of Air Force, Army Airborne, Marines, and Coast Guard. How many of these so called protesters have an honorable discharge?    From Meg, in the comments to this post at Gateway Pundit
TW chose this photo above of Olsen instead of the one of him in his uniform out of compassion for Olsen. We felt he would want to be remembered as the protesting civilian rather than the Marine that he was so ashamed of being. We save photos of Marines in uniform only for those warriors of whom we are proud.
Forgive me; it was so intolerant of me to say that.

Political Cartoons by Michael Ramirez

No comments: