Saturday, October 6, 2012

Corruption in the Obama government; the Lockheed Martin case

Boortz: Obama's Taxpayer Funded Bribe   "So … here’s what Obama is telling these defense contractors:"
“Hey guys, this WARN Act stuff?  Look, I know what the law says; but you just gotta ignore the law this time, know what I’m saying?  If you send out those layoff notices I’m going to take a hit just days before the vote.  Now look … you’ve seen me ignore the law, right?  I did it when I bailed out the United Auto Workers Union.   I did it when I let my New Black Panther Party buddies walk on that voter intimidation thing.  The law simply can’t be allowed to stand between me and my supporters.  The risks are too great.  So here’s the deal:  You put off sending out those layoff notices.  Then if you really DO have to lay those people off, and if they file lawsuits against you and win … well, I’ll cover your losses.  How’s that?  I’ll just get some taxpayer money and pay the tab.  Hell … we’ll call it stimulus spending.  That line always seems to work pretty well.” 
Michelle Malkin;  Lockheed accepts Obama’s ‘guidance’ and will delay sending tens of thousands of layoff notices until after the election
"What’s not being answered is this: The Obama administration is arguing that the WARN Act isn’t applicable in cases involving sequestration. If that’s true, why are they putting taxpayers on the hook to cover costs the WARN Act mandates if that law doesn’t apply to this situation?"

Washington Times; LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama’s shady Warn Act violation
"Never in my worst dreams could I imagine that the day would come when an American president would stand up and urge companies to break federal law — and then, amazingly, tell them under his personal authority that the taxpayers would pay their penalties..."

McCain: Obama acting beyond authority  " “President Obama is telling defense contractors to ignore the law so that those layoff notices will not be delivered before the November elections,” Mr. McCain said."

No comments: