Sunday, July 5, 2015

Can My Neighbor Still Drive His General Lee? People Who Demand Confederate Flag Dumping Tell Me to Tolerate Muslim Hate


"As I’ve mentioned before, there’s a guy in my neighborhood who owns one of the few original “General Lee” cars driven on “The Dukes of Hazzard.” I wondered, this week, if he’ll be allowed to drive it around town, now that we’ve ascribed all kinds of evil to a flag, rather than a sick, murderous evildoer. After all, the car has a Confederate rebel flag on top of the cab. And then I remembered all of those mass murders of Blacks that occurred at the hands of those of us who saw the rebel flag while suffering through Jessica Simpson’s horrible “Dukes” movie (read my review) and those who watched the original “Hazzard” on TV in the ’70s and ’80s (I was not a fan of the show). “Gone With the Wind” features a Confederate flag, too. Should that be cinema non grata, too?"

No comments: