Saturday, May 28, 2016

Dear LGBT Community, Resistance to Your Community Has Nothing To Do With Being “Phobic”

Phobic:  
  1. 1a :  having an intolerance or aversion for <photophobic><Anglophobic>b :  exhibiting a phobia for <claustrophobic>
  2. 2:  lacking affinity for <hydrophobic>
RedState  "I can’t count how many times I’ve heard the accusation thrown at me.
“ 'You’re homophobic!” says the gay, or lesbian.
“ 'You’re transphobic!” says the transgendered.
"This assumption usually comes smack dab in the middle – or if they’re lazy, at the beginning – of an argument against the latest in the long line of you-will-be-made-to-care attempts at bringing the culture at large to heel. Sometimes, the accusation is thrown out – not to silence an opponent in an argument – but to no-platform someone who they feel needs to be silenced before he or she even opens their mouth.
"When it was announced that I would be writing for the popular website, The Escapist, leftists and social justice warriors poured over my every public utterance to find something damning, and settled on a tweet I had said in the past about transgenderism. The internet exploded, and numerous sites, and message boards got the word out about how The Escapist was hiring on the most transphobic man since Hitler. Go ahead and google it. There’s even an entire NeoGaf page dedicated to me.
"But how accurate is the label of homophobic, or transphobic when thrown at others, and the public at large when they, like me, resist the agenda?" . . .

No comments: