Friday, August 11, 2017

Disney Releases Pro-Gay Marriage Cartoon For Preschoolers

Weasel Zippers

. . .  "(LifeSiteNews) – Disney Junior released an episode of a cartoon aimed at preschoolers that depicted two “married” lesbian moms.
"Doc McStuffins, a show about an aspiring doctor who “fixes” toys with help from friends, featured a family led by two “moms” in its August 5 episode “The Emergency Plan.”
"Although Doc McStuffins has been praised by many cultural critics for its depiction of a young African-American female doctor, it’s now under fire for its most recent episode pushing same-sex “marriage.”[…]
"The creator of the show, Chris Nee, is in a same-sex ‘marriage.’
"Nee has admitted the show gets “political.”
"In a 2012 interview with AfterEllen.com, Nee explained that she’s “definitely” thinking of ways to make Doc McStuffins more pro-gay.
“ 'My son [Theo] has two moms and it’s a huge part of my life as a human being and it’s been an incredible part of the way that I see the world and the way I see characters and the way I want to create characters who are incredibly accepting of each other and whatever is happening in their life,” she said.
“ 'I’ve never been anything but accepted in the world of writing kids’ TV, but I was surprised that Disney has been so beyond willing and excited to sort of publicize this part of my life and this part of who I am,” she said. “That’s progress!”
“ 'Disney has been happy to celebrate who I am and who my family is,” she said.

No comments: