Thursday, October 5, 2017

Michelle Obama Tells Women Republicans Are ‘All Men, All White’

The Federalist   . . . "The Obama family was the first minority couple to reside in the White House. They represented a sign of equality and the notion anyone regardless of race or background can succeed in politics. It’s understandable Mrs. Obama wants to see more success stories like their own. But identifying a politician’s body of work by the color of his or her skin, age, or sex seems counterintuitive in the efforts to eliminate such prejudices.

"That reminds me of the prejudice Michelle Obama displayed for her own sex last week when she publicly said, “As far as I’m concerned, any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice in a way.”
"She didn’t stop there. “To me, it doesn’t say as much about Hillary…No, no, no. What does it mean for us as women? That we look at those two candidates, as women, and many of us said, ‘That guy. He’s better for me. His voice is more true to me.’ Well, to me that just says you don’t like your voice. You like the thing we’re told to like.' ”

No comments: