Friday, June 19, 2020

Today is the day to talk about the blacks who didn’t riot

We have to get the Sharptons and Waters' out of our minds. TD

Bookworm
The media keeps the focus on blacks whom leftists have taught to hate. In America, though, there are probably more blacks who don’t hate. Here are 3 of them.



"I went to the gun store again today, which is always a pleasant way to pass time. (By the way, thanks to all of you for your helpful ideas about which guns to buy.) Having handled about a dozen semi-automatics and test-fired the top three candidates, I think I’m going to get a Ruger because it fits my hands. I also stocked up on ammo. Better to have it when you don’t need it, than to need it an not have it.
"As always, I find gun stores and ranges delightful places to be. The employees are friendly and helpful — and so are the other shoppers. If you say “Hi, how’s your day?” to a gun store shopper, they’ll stop and answer and you’ll have a nice conversation. Which gets me to my first story about the blacks who didn’t riot.
"Regarding racism, my friend and I were standing in line outside the store (stores here are open but they have to limit the number of customers), when a black man came to stand in line behind us. I immediately said hello to him and asked him how his day was going. He responded that his day was great and asked us how ours was going. A little civil chit-chat followed.
"Then, bless him, this young man went out of his way to assure us that he was not someone who hated us because of our skin color. He didn’t say so directly. Instead, he told us that it’s great to have guns and that people here have them because “We’re all in this together.” Those stupid rioters, he said, they burned a car and made some mess, but they’re not who we are.
"It was an utterly endearing thing to do, and further conversation revealed that he was as nice as his first instincts showed him to be. But his kind gesture also made us aware of how much the world has changed. Once upon a time, nice white people hastened to assure black people not to worry. Now it’s the other way around. I want to us all, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, blue, green, purple, to live in a world in which such assurances are unnecessary, but I am so grateful to those who realize we’re not in that world yet and who make the effort to ensure that their own little patch of earth is a friendly place." . . . 
Full article.

No comments: