Friday, September 1, 2023

Jumping To Conclusions About Mitch McConnell


 Ted Noel, M.D., American Thinker    "Dianne Feinstein, John Fetterman, Joe Biden, and Mitch McConnell all have one thing in common. Lots of people are calling for their retirement due to “mental disability.” Senators Feinstein and Fetterman have obvious mental problems that simply cannot be brushed away. Joe Biden’s mental “fade” isn’t quite so blatant, but when we get to Cocaine Mitch, it seems that the only exercise many pundits get is jumping to conclusions.

"It’s time to take a momentary side trip. I am a Board Certified Anesthesiologist, which means that I was the cardiologist in the operating room. I did that job in private practice for thirty-two years, so I’ve had exposure to just about everything cardiac, with around three thousand open heart surgeries under my belt for good measure. I was also involved in a large number of neurosurgery cases. One of the key features of that background is that I had to know where my limits were.

"So, when I dealt with Hillary Clinton’s probable Parkinson’s Disease back in 2016, I sought out expert assistance first. I built a “differential diagnosis” list before commenting. And finally, I made it painfully clear that I was not her treating physician and was working from publicly available information leading to an informed opinion, not a diagnosis.

"This is the situation with the Turtle. I am not his treating physician and do not have access to his medical records. But there is public information, and my cardiologist and I discuss it on the way to the golf course each week. Put bluntly, Mitch does not appear to be in the same medical category as the others. They all have mental problems originating in the brain. He does not appear to be in mental decline." . . .

Ted Noel MD is a retired Anesthesiologist/Intensivist who podcasts and posts on social media as DoctorTed and @vidzette. His Doctor Ted’s Prescription podcasts are available on many podcast channels.

No comments: