Friday, July 1, 2016

Cafe told to remove 'God Bless America' banner

Todd Starnes

Cafe

. . . "You would think most folks would appreciate the sentiment behind “God Bless America.” Lord knows we need it.
"But rules are rules and the town board does not seem interested in accommodating Jennifer’s patriotic banner.
“ 'The fact that I’m being asked to take it down is wrong,” she said. “It’s against my First Amendment rights. People need to open up their eyes. If we start letting them tell us we can’t do this – it’s going to get worse.”
"Lots of folks seem to agree with Jennifer’s sentiment. Hundreds and hundreds of supporters have posted messages on the cafĂ©’s Facebook page and several customers have dropped off money – to help pay for any fines.
"Jennifer tells me she never imagined there would be a day like this in America.
“ 'I have lots of veterans in my family,” she said. “I have a cousin who fought in Desert Storm so that we could have the freedom to hang a banner that says, ‘God bless America.’” "
"And yet we live in a nation where you can be punished for simply being patriotic."
I like these people, but there is something about obedience to governing authorities. The Scriptures tell us it as better to be punished for doing right than doing wrong. (1 Peter 2:20). TD

No comments: