Thursday, March 23, 2023

It's Time to Honor D-Day's' 'Boys of Bedford' -

There is a quote on one wall from George Patton, “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God such men lived.”


 Hollywood in Toto  "When I went to college, I studied theater and acting (much to my mother’s dismay). The degree I earned doesn’t do much by way of guaranteeing financial security, but I did learn how to tell a good story.
"Of course, I also got to act in some good stories, and one of the best I encountered in my collegiate career was the tale of the Bedford Boys.
"It was my good fortune to be cast in a lead role.
"To research my role I read books, listened to interviews, visited memorials and talked to people of the town of Bedford, VA. In the process, I fell in love with the men from the 116th infantry regiment Company A of the United States 29th Division of the US Army.". . .

. . .The national D-Day memorial is located in Bedford, Va. because that small rural town lost more soldiers per capita in the Normandy invasion than any other town or city in America. And not only were the lives of those brave soldiers destroyed, but the community of Bedford had a generation of young men torn from the fabric of their tight-knit society.
"As I spoke with family members of the men who died on D-Day, I heard in their stories and their voices the still poignant loss of men like Ray O. Stevens, Bedford Hoback, and Jack Powers. This group of country boys put their lives on hold to fight for their friends, families, and their country.
"And in doing so, they made the world a freer and better place. But in doing so, they and their beloved home town made a staggering sacrifice.". . .

No comments:

George Floyd Revisited: Derek Chauvin Was Wrongfully Convicted

  The American Spectator | USA News and Politics Derek Chauvin and his colleagues did not murder George Floyd. Chauvin’s prosecution and tri...

https://spectator.org/