Sunday, July 4, 2021

Exposed: "The Washington Post’s attempt to smear me and my work on critical race theory fails spectacularly.

 Christopher F. Rufo  "The fight over critical race theory has consumed American media. Conservatives have rallied against an ideology that seeks to divide the country into the racial categories of “oppressor” and “oppressed.” Liberals have defended it as a “lens” for understanding vague buzzwords like “systemic racism” and “racial equity.”

"I’ve been on the front lines of this battle. My investigative reporting has exposed critical race theory in American education, with disturbing firsthand reports about public schools forcing eight-year-olds to deconstruct their racial identities, telling white teachers that they must undergo “antiracist therapy,” and encouraging white parents to become “white traitors” and advocate for “white abolition.” These stories have reached millions of readers and helped spark a grassroots movement against critical race theory among parents in school districts across the country.

"They have also made me a target for the Left. In recent months, outlets including the New York Times, New Republic, MSNBC, CNN, and The Atlantic have attacked me on television and in print. No doubt the Washington Post believed that its 3,000-word exposé would undermine my reporting and cast me as a right-wing villain. The Post dispatched two reporters, Laura Meckler and Josh Dawsey, and spent three weeks preparing a hit piece that accused me of various intellectual crimes.

"There was just one problem: the Post piece rested on a bed of untruths. Meckler and Dawsey fabricated the timeline of events surrounding my involvement with President Trump’s executive order on critical race theory; botched a direct quotation from me about my work; erroneously claimed that a diversity lesson at a Cupertino, California elementary school never happened; and insisted that my reporting about the Treasury Department’s diversity programs was false."  . . .More....

The excellence of Rufo's arguments are validated by the nature of his detractors. In other words, if they are against him I am for him. Not to mention his superior logic and veracity."

No comments: