Sunday, December 19, 2010

Newest Chronicles of Narnia Film Depicts Christians' Difficulties

The New American  "At the end of the film, Edmund and Lucy learn that their encounter with Aslan will be their last earthly rendezvous. Aslan assures the saddened children, however, “I shall be watching you always. In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”
"Aslan’s words are reassuring to the children, as they are comforted by the notion of reuniting with Aslan again one day, but the words also serve as a warning: There is only one way to Aslan’s country, and that is through Aslan. Similar words have been uttered by Jesus, who said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.”"

No comments: