Sunday, May 14, 2023

Luxxle: Is this the search engine conservatives have been looking for?

  American Thinker

If I click “Lean Right” and “Freshness,” I no longer get CNN and the New York Times. Instead, the news comes from JustTheNews and Breitbart, and even The Gateway Pundit and Newsmax:


"American Thinker receives hundreds of promotional emails a week. Most swiftly head to the circular file. However, last week I received an email from a woman named Molly Koweek, promising that Luxxle, her employer’s search engine, is truly revolutionary. Her email piqued my interest, so I did something I very rarely do: I set up a phone call. So far, it appears that she didn’t oversell anything; Luxxle really is something different, especially for those who are sick of seeing the major search engines ignore conservative content or give them such a low ranking that they essentially vanish. It’s still imperfect, but it’s better than the alternatives.

"As you can imagine, since I write posts every day, I frequently turn to search engines to help me track down information I know exists, so that I can provide a link to support my factual assertions. And every day, no matter the search engine I use, I run into the same problem: If I saw the facts on a conservative site, the search engines make it almost impossible to locate the source, and that’s true even if I include the site’s name in the search itself.

"Instead, especially for controversial topics (COVID, Trump, J6, etc.), I get pages of content from the New York Times, Washington Post, ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, etc.. Sometimes, these sources have the fact I’m seeking but, usually, I have to wade through paragraphs of leftist agitprop to find the fact buried in a paragraph at the end of the article. I waste incredible amounts of time thanks to the search engines’ manifest bias and link to sites to which I’d rather not send traffic.

"That’s why I got interested when Molly’s email said," . . .

. . ."In other words, for some searches, Im no worse off than I am at Bing, Google, or DuckDuckGo, and for other searches, I’m in much better shape. Given that there's no seeming downside and only an upside for making the switch, I’ve set Luxxle as my default search engine."

No comments: