Sunday, July 29, 2012

Golden oldie of country music: "I'VE GOT TEARS IN MY EARS FROM LYING ON MY BACK IN [MY] BED WHILE I CRY OVER YOU"

Homer and Jethro via Youtube:   Hillbilly bopper novelty from 1949. Nice guitar by George Barnes.

Sorry, but this video is no longer available unless I can find it elsewhere. The Tunnel Dweller.


Here are some more song titles that you probably won't find on any chart. But they are real song titles.
I Just Bought A Car From The Guy That Stole My Girl, But The Car Don't Run So I Figure We Got An Even Deal. I Keep Forgettin' I Forgot About You.I Knew I'd Hit Rock Bottom When I Woke Up On Top Of You.I Like Bananas Because They Have No BonesI Liked You Better Before I Knew You So Well. I May Be Used, But Baby I Ain't Used Up I Meant Every Word That He Said. I Only Miss You On The Days That End In " Y " I Sat Down On A Beartrap (Just This Morning) I Sent Her Artifical Flowers For Her Artificial Love I Still Miss You, Baby, But My Aim's Gettin' Better. 
Many more songs here if you feel you really must know.


Why didn't I think to ask this? Why are country songs so often complete sentences?
"Stylistically, listen to country radio - you can usually understand every word of every song (as opposed to in rock/pop "what did he say"?) Lyrics are very important in country music. In commercial country music, much more so than in pop, there are many examples of jokey type lyrics, double entendres, and crazy rhymes..."


Here's one where you can understand the words, but won't be able to explain it:  I'm my Own Grandpa

No comments:

George Floyd Revisited: Derek Chauvin Was Wrongfully Convicted

  The American Spectator | USA News and Politics Derek Chauvin and his colleagues did not murder George Floyd. Chauvin’s prosecution and tri...

https://spectator.org/