Thursday, June 13, 2024

TDS destroys DeNiro and other once-favored celebs

 Alicia Colon - American Thinker

Since these Hollywood icons have descended into the bottom realm of TDS, I find the preponderance of hateful comments and posts they wield too unpleasant and have avoided paying to watch any vehicle they’re appearing in and as their films and other venues tank, apparently I’m not the only one who feels the same. 

"It is a real mystery why Trump Derangement Syndrome has managed to destroy the legacies of so many formerly admired Hollywood celebrities. Robert DeNiro, whom I had always thought was a terrific actor, has become such a vicious and profane TDS victim that I have lost the urge to watch again any of his great performances.

"After the braindead NY jury found Trump guilty of 34 fake felonies, Hollywood TDS-infected stars celebrated this egregious miscarriage of justice. While most of these so-called celebs are really has-beens seeking relevance, I wonder if they have any idea the huge number of fans who’ve sworn to never spend another cent on anything they star in.

"In a post-verdict article in Breitbart.com headlined- Hollywood Celebrities Rejoice over Trump Verdict: ‘Tears of Joy,’ ‘F**k Trump and F**k Those Who Support Him’ the following stars were pictured stupidly enjoying the result: ·Barbra Streisand, ·Rob Reiner, ·Bette Midler, and ·six others not famous enough to mention. The article went on to  list the tweets crowing about what they perceive as justice, but the one that I found really disgusting was semi-celeb Ellen Barkin tweeting in all caps-GOD BLESS NEW YORK CITY!!!  

"I was born and raised in what was once the greatest city in the world, but it is now unrecognizable thanks to progressives who do not understand anything about being American. I grew up in a time when  NYC was a city filled with immigrants from all over the world who came here legally to become Americans and were grateful for the opportunity. Now progressives have allowed a new immigrant force that is only here to pillage and destroy the favorable impression that legal immigrants made in my home town.  

"Whenever I access Breitbart’s entertainment page, and read what these celebrities post in their hateful remarks about any Republican, I try and remember what had first appealed to me about their performances rather than the hateful words they were now expressing. As a native New Yorker who was devastated by the 9/11 attacks on my city, I much appreciated  and watched over and over the moving video of Bette Midler singing Wind Beneath My Wings  at a Prayer ceremony in Yankee Stadium filled with the families of the victims.  After she finished the song, she’s seen hugging Mayor Rudy Giuliani and Governor Pataki, yet she is now firmly in the hate-all-Republicans camp. And I find that so sad." . . .

No comments: