Sunday, August 18, 2024

Struggling Grocery Store Owners Rake Kamala Harris Over the Coals for 'Price Gouging' Proposal

Jeff Charles  

"Ehsan Khan, who owns a grocery store in Brooklyn, New York, said that during his 24 years in the business, he “never saw the cost of grocery bread, butter, cookies, milk going up” as it has under the Biden/Harris administration."


"As Americans are struggling to put food on the table and make ends meet, Vice President Kamala Harris and her running mate, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz are focused on pushing a “positive” and “joyful” message to appeal to voters.

"Harris recently declared a new policy proposal: Enacting a federal ban on “price gouging” for food companies. The proposal has met with fierce criticism from both sides of the aisle, with many pointing out that this would only make the problems worse.

"A new video is circulating on X featuring two small business owners discussing how rampant inflation has affected their businesses and customers. To put it succinctly, it ain’t looking good, folks.

"Ehsan Khan, who owns a grocery store in Brooklyn, New York, said that during his 24 years in the business, he “never saw the cost of grocery bread, butter, cookies, milk going up” as it has under the Biden/Harris administration.

"Carlos Collado from Fine Festival Market described how his store has to reduce inventory because of inflation. “See those shelves right there? We're trying to keep less inventory because it's expensive after the inflation under your vice presidency,” he said.

Now I go through the store. Yes, we have to have merchandise here for our customers. But if you only knew how this works, and I invite you to come down. We can have you help us enter the invoices into QuickBooks since you claim that we are price gouging.

"Khan continued, discussing how Oreo cookies more than doubled in price.

For example, I'll give you an example. You see this Oreo cookie? I love Oreo cookie. I used to sell it for my guys. I used to be $1.50. I used to sell it for $2.99. Right now, this cookie, I'm selling it for $7. Why? Because my cost is over $4. Look, I have only two pieces. I used to order cases and cases. Because the cost of groceries is so much high, I can't afford it.

"Collado issued an invitation to Harris to show her what they are going through due to inflation." . . .

WSJ

"If I were part of Trump’s campaign, I’d advise them to find more business owners like Khan and Collado who are willing to speak out against Harris’ ill-advised policy proposals. In this economic climate, it wouldn’t be hard to find plenty more who are going through similar ordeals.

"The fact of the matter is that the Biden administration’s economic record is horrid. Harris’ proposals suggest that they have not yet learned their lesson." 

Emphasis mine. TD

No comments: