Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Dianne Feinstein: On second thought, forget what I said about intel leaks coming from the White House

Hot Air  "Pitiful twice over. Once because this is wholly unconvincing, and twice because she and her own staff can’t get their story straight about why she’s walking this back. The official statement:"
....“I was asked whether the White House might be responsible for recent national security leaks. I stated that I did not believe the president leaked classified information. I shouldn’t have speculated beyond that, because the fact of the matter is I don’t know the source of the leaks.....
 Politico  "Feinstein responded that she was “disappointed” that her comments were used by Romney to criticize the president.
" “I am disappointed by the statements made by Mr. Romney today regarding a question I was asked yesterday at the World Affairs Council,” she said. “I regret my remarks are being used to impugn President Obama or his commitment to protecting national security secrets.” "

No comments: