Monday, February 1, 2016

Celebrating Cruz’s victory in Iowa — and remembering that conservative Trump supporters are still our friends

Bookworm Room

. . . "I worry that Trump does not value the Constitution any more than Obama does.  To me, an America without the Constitution as its political centerpiece is just another First World leftist country heading downhill fast.  After eight years of Obama’s deep and abiding disdain for the Constitution, I’m not sure we can handle any more of that and still be the unique, exceptional country we are.
"I won’t lie, therefore, and pretend that I’m anything but delighted about the outcome in Iowa.  To me, the strongest constitutionalist won, and that’s the correct outcome." . . .
. . . "As the campaign heats up, though, it’s very important for each of us to remind ourselves that the people who support a different Republican candidate than the one we support are still our friends.  All of them are people who love their country (something I don’t necessarily feel is true of those supporting Bernie or Hillary), and all are working hard to find the candidate they believe is the best person to keep America strong, safe, and true to her core values of individual liberty, free market capitalism, and a delightful optimism that’s been absent for a while." . . .

No comments: