Sunday, December 16, 2012

Newtown CT – Idyllic, Horrific, Courageous

Craig Andresen  "I have never been to Newtown Connecticut…Never even heard of it until last Friday.

"In my mind, I can picture it now. I have no idea how accurate my mind’s eye might be but, let me share it with you.
"Last Thursday…
"Newtown Connecticut was the 21st century equivalent to a Norman Rockwell painting.
"It’s mid-December. The colorful leave have fallen, been raked up and taken away but, the sky is a vivid blue.
"Newtown, last Thursday, was a clean small town full of cheer.
...."Robbie Parker also talked about Emilie’s little sisters. “They seem to get the fact that they have somebody they’re going to miss very much.”
"And Robbie Parker spoke of the shooter’s family too… “I can’t imagine how hard this experience must be for you.”
"HE…Can’t imagine how hard it must be for…THEM.
"Healing in Newtown Connecticut is going to take time. There will always be voids that will never be filled but, if Robbie Parker is any indication of the strength of the folk who live there and I believe he is, they will find a way through this…Together."....
title

No comments: