Friday, October 20, 2017

Seinfeld Actor: ‘People Get Viscerally Angry At Me’ for Supporting Trump

Corinne Weaver   "It’s rare to find a conservative in Hollywood. It’s even more rare to find one that isn’t completely shunned for their beliefs.

"Actor John O’Hurley (Seinfeld) made a guest appearance on Fox and Friends on October 19 to promote his film, Swing Away, but also to talk about supporting Trump, NFL protests, and liberal Hollywood reacting to Harvey Weinstein.
"When asked about the NFL protests, he said,
“ 'I think it’s ridiculous. I go to the NFL for escapism. I don’t want to be slapped in the face for someone’s political views. It’s a way to get away, and I don’t believe that under the employment and they are being employed at the time, so it’s not their constitutionally protected right to do that in the area of employment. I have no more right to stand up in the middle of a Broadway show and announce my political views.
"Steve Doocy: Well, you could, but you just wouldn’t work the next day.
"O’Hurley: “And they would be right to can my little butt. And I kind of feel the same way about this NFL thing.”
"When Brian Kilmeade mentioned the cast of the Broadway show Hamilton protesting when Pence went to see the show, O’Hurley replied,
“ 'You know they did that and frankly I was embarrassed for my profession because I don’t think we should be pontificating from the stage. I don’t believe it. I wouldn’t do it, and I wouldn’t allow it with my cast." . . .

No comments: