Tuesday, June 11, 2019

What Melania's Hat Can Teach Us About First Impressions

Intellectual Takeout



"I caught my first glimpse of Melania’s outfit soon after she and President Trump arrived at Buckingham Palace, kicking off their 2019 state visit.
“Did you see the footage of Trump and Melania visiting Buckingham Palace?!” ran my text to a friend. “I love Melania’s hat!”
"Checking it out for herself, my friend sent back, “I like her whole outfit!” Indeed, it was a classic fashion choice reminiscent of the Edwardian period, capable of measuring up to the proper fashion standards the English Royals commonly exhibit."
. . . 
"But Melania’s classic clothes signal more than a time-tested outfit that fits any occasion. They signal dignity, respect, and grace.
"We live in a time when almost every individual craves these qualities. We want to be treated with dignity. We want others to respect us. And while we may not always think of it, those who have the ability to present themselves with grace through a calm, composed, and considerate manner are often those we most admire." . . .

No comments: