Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Trump voters stay, black voters join

My anti-Trumpism existed from the start from his abrasive insults, especially of Carly Fiorina - I still feel he should apologize for that - but when it became a choice between him and Hillary my fear of the Democrat Party far outweighed his negatives. In 2020, how can any intelligent American not fear this Democrat Party? TD

Don Surber  "The New York Times alleged, "Trump Faces Mounting Defections From a Once-Loyal Group: Older White Voters."
"But despite the headline, the Times could not find one supporter of President Donald John Trump who flipped.
"And therein lies the key to President Trump's re-election. His supporters are not abandoning him. He took 30 states in 2016 with them. He will take 30 with them again, and as his army of supporters grows, 7 other states could flip in his direction.
"In fact, Karen Gamble, 65, of Reidsville, North Carolina, told the paper she is voting for him again. She said, "We can’t blame him for covid-19 — how many presidents could really do any better than what he’s done?' " . . .


. . . But the first Rule of Reading a News Story is to look for what the reporter does not say.
"I have noticed that the stories on the polls are not showing what percentage of the president voters are voting for Biden.
"In 2016, Donald Trump won with 8% of the black vote. His approval among black likely voters was 22% the day George Floyd died.
"A month later, President Trump's approval among black likely voters is 37%."

Don Surber tells us: "Hi, I am a retired newspaperman. I wrote 3 books on Trump and the media. I live in Poca, WV, with my wife of 42 years, Lou Ann. I grew up in Cleveland." . . .
This reader commented: 



Anna James Zeigler "Im going to tell you a secret. It doesn’t matter if you like Trump. You’ll never meet him or speak to him. You can mute him on here. I don’t like him. I’ve yet to vote for him, but I will this year because the alternative is frightening.

No comments:

Sexual violence: New details about hostages life in Hamas captivity

  Kim Hjelmgaard (usatoday.com)     'We know they were raped in Hamas captivity': Chilling details of what hostages faced. Naama Lev...

https://spectator.org/