Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Brittney Griner National Anthem Comments Resurface Amid 9 Year Russian Prison Sentence -


 Analyzing America  . . ."Back in 2020, critics say Griner openly bashed America and vowed to protest during the National Anthem. She also refused to be present if the National Anthem was playing.

“ 'I’m not going to be out there for the National Anthem,” Griner said. “I’m going to protest regardless.”

“ 'If the league continues to want to play it, that’s fine. It will be all season long, I’ll not be out there. I feel like more are going to probably do the same thing. I can only speak for myself,” she added.

“ 'I honestly feel we should not play the National Anthem during our season,” Griner said in 2020. “I think we should take that much of a stand.”

''Griner used her platform as an athlete as a backdrop for social and political activism.

''Although she claims her comments about the National Anthem were not meant “disrespect to our country,” many Americans don’t feel that way.

"Fox News political commentator Tomi Lahren responded after learning about Griner’s Russian prison sentence by explaining, “On the bright side, B Griner won’t have to endure our National Anthem for 9 whole years!' ”. . .

No comments: