Welcome to the WNBA, gentlemen
"But if it’s a league which buys into the woke “inclusion” language and purports to inflict the effects of that language on its players, then there is no reason why a G-League men’s player can’t declare himself a woman and claim a WNBA salary."
"I’m not a fan of the WNBA. I think it’s a joke of a league. I’m not a huge fan of women’s basketball, period, though I’ve got nothing against women playing basketball. I just notice that women’s basketball has emerged as a particular kind of entity which is hard to like.
"And the people it attracts as participants and huge fans are really, really hard to like.
"That said, the Caitlin Clark-Sophie Cunningham show in Indiana is pretty cool. Those two are relatively likable — Clark because she’s an outstanding player and Cunningham because she brings a lot of personality to the court. If you had a league full of players like those two, you probably could sell women’s basketball. (RELATED: The Spectacle Ep. 451: Caitlin Clark and Sophie Cunningham vs. The WNBA: We’re Fatigued)
"The WNBA doesn’t cultivate Sophie Cunninghams, though. The opposite is true. It’s actively discouraging people like her from getting involved, in favor of… other people.
"And I know it wants nothing to do with me, so, as the meme says…
"I’m not alone. The WNBA gets pretty lousy viewership for a major sports league, and it’s dependent on subsidies from the NBA. It’s also dependent on as many controversies as it can stir up in order to spice up its games.
"Which is why the league’s referees are basically pro wrestling refs who call games in utterly absurd ways. And it’s why the league’s players say off-the-wall stupid things all the time, nonstop. All the worst instincts of the social media world are present in how the WNBA conducts its business.
"And the most absurd thing about the WNBA is the refusal to simply allow reality in the door. This is a basketball league for biological women, and there is no legitimate moral or intellectual case for allowing anyone but biological women to play." . . .
The women who helped give girls sports now have to be quiet about it "Leigh Ross-Dakich explains that the women who helped build up girls sports are now having to be quiet about the trans athlete issue." (Video)
No comments:
Post a Comment