Monday, August 29, 2011

Cheney's on a roll

Perhaps Dick Cheney is looking at his health issues and wants to make sure he has not left anything undone in his life. It seems what drives him now is vindication of the Bush Administration and the United States before the American People. And most probably anger at the fecklessness of Democrats while this country has been at war.  TD

Cheney Slams McCain  "Over at Politico, Jonathan Martin has written a “political junkie’s guide” to Dick Cheney’s memoir, In My Time. During the 2008 presidential race, Martin notes, the veep was unimpressed with Sen. John McCain’s campaign:"

POLITICO's guide to Cheney's book  "He shares little about the 2004 re-election, but does recall Democratic vice-presidential nominee John Edwards  bringing up Mary Cheney’s sexuality at their lone debate.
“I was furious with his response,” Cheney writes. What gave him the right to make pronouncements about my family? But you never want to let the other guy get under your skin, so I kept my anger in check.”
"After Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry brought up Mary Cheney at a debate a week later, Cheney writes: “Now it was obvious that there was a concerted effort by the Kerry-Edwards campaign to remind viewers that my daughter Mary was gay, to bring her into the debate and into the campaign.”"


Newsweek Reporter's Weird Complaint: Cheney Memoir Doesn't 'Look Forward'   I had that same problem with The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich; it just looked back at old stuff. TD.

1 comment:

Ronbo said...

@Bill:

I always liked Cheney, especially as he never allowed the Establishment Republicans to neuter him. If I'd been Bush, I would have resigned just after 2008 elections and made Cheney the president just to royally P.O. the Leftist Cheney hating ruling class and Obama.

P.S. Feel free to post this on your blog:

http://ronbosoldier.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-surprise-here-obama-snubs-military.html